Who we are
Ortho is an emerging Orthobiologics company dedicated to the development of novel therapeutic tissue repair technologies to dramatically improve the success rate of orthopedic and sports medicine surgeries.
Our proprietary technology platform, is a muco-adhesive CHITOSAN based biopolymer matrix, specifically designed to deliver biologics such as Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) or Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC), to augment and guide the regeneration of new tissue in various musculoskeletal conditions.
Ortho-R, our lead Chitosan-PRP hybrid biologic implant combination product, is formulated and designed to increase the healing rates of occupational and sports related injuries to tendons, meniscus and ligaments. Other formulations are being developed for cartilage repair, bone void filling and osteoarthritis treatment.
Value proposition :
- Addressing significant unmet market and medical needs
- Need for improving standard of care surgery outcomes
- First solution to address the lack of residence time of Orthobiologics use in musculoskeletal conditions
- USD$5B soft tissue repair global market
- Novel Technology
- Increases very significantly the residence time and impedes blood clot retraction of Orthobiologics use in the Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries in Various Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Validated mode of action, safe and easy to use solution, adjunct to standard of care surgery
- New therapeutic areas in development
- Smart Business Model
- NOW A CLINICAL STAGE COMPANY
- Focus on developing Orthobiologics applications in US Market first
- High volume, low cost products
- Reduces healthcare stakeholders costs by improving standard of care surgery outcomes