Ortho RTi (CSE:ORTH) is an emerging Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine technology company dedicated to the development of novel therapeutic tissue repair technology to dramatically improve the success rate of sports medicine surgeries for soft tissue injuries. Our proprietary biopolymer has been specifically designed to increase the healing rates of injuries to tendons, meniscus and cartilage. The polymer can be directly placed into the site of injury by a surgeon during a routine operative procedure without significantly extending the time of the surgery and without further intervention.
- Founded in 2015
- Technology developed by Dr. Michael Buschmann ,PhD, former Canada Research Chair in Cartilage Tissue Engineering at Ecole Polytechnique, now Bioengineering Chair at George Mason University
- Headcount:19, including13 scientists under contract
- Earlier product validated mode of action, efficacy, and safety
- ~$1 million non-dilutive Prima Grant for 2017 -18, $12 million in research funding to date
- Focused on developing technology for use in:
- Shoulder rotator cuff repair
- Knee meniscus and cartilage repair
- Other commonly injured joints – elbow, ankle, hip, etc.